Aramark as a company values healthy choices. Providing nutritious menus for your students is the foundation of their overall good health. We take this responsibility seriously by:
- Creating recipes that focus on “right-size” portions and socially responsible food selections. (ex. Cage-Free Eggs)
- Reducing added sugars by limiting the use of added sugars in cooking, featuring reduced-sugar cereals and serving only fruits in light syrup or natural juice.
- Proactively reducing sodium levels by using only frozen or fresh vegetables, eliminating salt in recipes and relying on salt-free seasonings to naturally enhance flavor.
- Reducing or eliminating fats in recipes.
- Incorporating the USDA vegetable sub-groups and a wide variety of fruits and vegetables every day at breakfast and lunch.
We want to ensure every student has the opportunity to enjoy a tasty and nutritious meal. We understand and accommodate the varying needs of your students by providing these as needed:
- Gluten-free products and menus (UDI’s bread items available)
- Casein-Free menu selections
- Pork-free products and menus available
- Vegetarian/Meatless (lacto-ovo) options